Natural Ways to Get Rid of Baby AcneBaby skin is very delicate and sensitive. As a result, over the counter acne medicines, especially those that are not dedicated for babies, will end up making the irritation gets worse. It means, you need to be very careful in treating the acnes and you need to learn how to get rid of baby acne naturally. Natural ways and home remedies are safer so it will not harm your baby’s skin in any way. Here are some of the most effective natural methods.
1. Clean the Baby’s Face with Warm WaterYou can start with the simplest treatment which is cleaning your baby’s face regularly. The best way to make the acne disappears fast is by making sure that his skin is always clean. So, you must wash your baby’s face every day. Two times per day is more than enough but don’t go beyond that.
Baby soap can be used if the acne is pretty bad but only do it once per day because over-washing can force the skin to produce more sebum which will make the acne getting worse. After that, use a clean towel to dry the baby’s skin. Don’t rub since it will irritate the skin. Instead pat the skin gently until the water disappears.
2. Use Honey and Lemon JuiceA mixture of honey and lemon is a very beneficial ingredient for skin and it can also be used to treat baby acne. Both ingredients contain antibacterial and anti-inflammation agents. They are soothing and also very suitable for baby’s sensitive skin.
Simply mix a table spoon of lemon juice with a table spoon of honey. After that, use clean cotton swab to apply the mixture on the acne. Leave them be for around 20 minutes and then clean your baby’s face with warm water.
3. Get Rid of Oil with Corn Starch
|How to Get Rid of Baby Acne with Natural Ways|
You need to mix the corn starch with water until you get a glue-like mixture. Then, apply it thinly to the affected area, wait until it dries for about ten minutes and then clean it with warm water.
4. Use Neem OilNeem oil is an excellent natural remedy to treat acnes. The antibacterial properties will go directly to the center of the pimples, kill the unwanted microorganisms there and cure the acne in no time, without pain and definitely without scars. It is very safe for babies and even though it is oily, it will not trigger sebum production.
To use it, simply apply the oil directly to the acnes with cotton swabs. If the neem you have is in powder form, make it into paste first before applying it to the acne and then clean with warm water after ten minutes.
5. Don’t Pop the BumpsNo matter how much you want the acne to vanish from your baby’s face, you cannot pop the bumps. Yes, popping the bumps will make the acne goes, but after that, you have to deal with the scarring. Getting rid of the scar will be much more difficult, not to mention the risk of infection as a result of popping the bump. Just be patient and stick with the treatment. If natural treatments don’t work, take your baby to the doctor for more treatment options.
How to Prevent Baby Acne from Getting WorseEven though you now have understood how to get rid of baby acne, you must be dying to know how to prevent the acne from breaking out so you don’t have to give the treatment at all. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to prevent baby acne because most of the time, it just happens naturally. But you can still make sure that the acne will not get any worse and the healing process will be even faster. Here are some tips you can do for that.
1. Watch What You EatWhen you are breastfeeding your baby, you are basically share everything you consume with your baby. So, when your baby is suffering from acne breakout, you really need to watch what you eat. Don’t consume anything that can trigger acne breakout such as oily and spicy food. Drink plenty of water and eat more fruits and vegetables so that your baby can also get good nutrients from your breast milk.
2. Keep the Baby’s Sleeping Area HygieneBaby acne can easily be healed as long as you take a good care of it and make sure your baby is always clean. Even drool stain on your baby’s cheek can irritate the skin if it is left uncleaned for too long so don’t be lazy to wipe your baby’s face. If you don’t clean his face properly, sebum will build up and the acne will be more difficult to heal.
Furthermore, don’t forget to keep the sleeping area hygiene. Even though you have cleaned your baby’s face regularly, bacteria can still attack his acne if his sleeping area is dirty. Therefore, remember to change his pillowcase and bed sheet regularly.
Additional information about How to Get Rid of Baby Acne can be read on the following article links How to Get Rid of the Baby Pimples